What to do in Luxembourg
What to do
- Rives de Clausen!!
It’s the new party place — the Luxembourgian Stratumseind! And it’s…. okayish :)
- Melusina: disco in Clausen.
Comes with a recommendation by MC Pierre. Haven’t visited myself yet.
- Byblos: disco near the station.
12 euro entrance, which you get back as tickets redeemable at the bar. Ok-ish, not too crowded on Friday.
- Urbanz: in the center near Grund, at least something happening there
- The Tube: near Urbanz, mostly foreign crowd, fun place.
- Apoteca: in between the previous two, go down into a cave and enjoy the party!
Nice, few people in there though
- Den Atelier: music club close to Gare, which has some cool artists apparently.
- Rockhal: the place for all your big concerts. Prodigy, here we come!
- Rives de Clausen!!
- History of Luxembourg Museum: permanent expo is indeed history of the city. But they always present the changing expo in a somewhat interactive/challenging fashion, which I greatly appreciate.
- Mudam museum: cool architecture, modern art — so depending on your specific taste and the specific expo.
- Casematten: tour the old gangways beneath the fortress. We’ve got 2 different sets of ‘em!
- View over Grund: walk over the ‘balcony’ and enjoy the view down
- Grund itself, of course
- The cathedral
- Petite Suisse: Hike and enjoy the gorgeous sights!
Some fine restaurants in lux:
(note that the pizza’s usually start at about 8 for a margherita and go up to 15 for the special best ones)
- Restaurant Namaste: near Gare, indian/himalayan, 25+ euro, delicious, home deliveries.
- Restaurant L’entracte (French, haute cuisine)
fashionably / stylish, very nice food, 30+ euro range (but more than worth it, desserts too!)
- Restaurant La Fourchette a Droite (French, haute cuisine)
Next to L’entracte, and similar quality / price. Venue of choice if we have a congress in town.
- Khana Kazana (Tibetian, Indian)
indian / asian stylish, nice food, ??
- Thai restaurant Sawanasdee (Thai)
family restaurant (busy, but fun), food quality vs. price ratio is very good, 15 euro range
- The italian pizzeria close to Sawanasdee
Nice, approved, pizza’s around the 10 euro mark, other italian food in the 10-20 euro range
- Star Asia in Avenue Faiencerie (Chinese)
lack of any atmosphere, made up for by food quality, ??
- Caffe Veneziano (desserts: pastries, icecream deliciousness)
Nice place to sit (but watch out for the smoking guests outside), very nicely looking and tasting food, 10- euro range (ice cream desserts — but worth it)
Note: tourists flock here (with reason — it’s GOOD)
- Steak House in avenue Pasteur (Steak — no gosh jolly?)
Not that stylish, nice steak which you grill yourself, 20+ euro range
- La Tavieni (or somesuch) in Avenue Pasteur
Italian, ok, pizza around the 10 euro mark, rest 10-20 euro range
- Rossini in Avenue Pasteur
Italian, ok, pizza around the 10 euro mark, 15-20 euro range (bit more expensive than previous entry
- Italian at Utopolis
OK, meal-deal (main course + movie ticket valid for 6 months): 18.50
Coque 50m lanes all the way open:
- every day 12:00-14:00
- every day 16:30-closing
- Tue, Wed, Thur, Fri: 7:00-8:00
- Tue, Thur: 12:00 – closing
- Monday, Wednesday, Friday: